We understand it can be difficult to determine your current hair color. Here are some tips from our experts:
- Examine your hair in a place with soft, indirect sunlight.
- Identify your color-family — Blonde, Brunette, Black or Red.
- Select the level that most closely resembles your color.
If you are still having trouble identifying your current hair color, send your photo to the professional stylists on our Color Crew.
How to take the best possible photos for our colorists to analyze:
- Stand facing forward, not at an angle.
- Stand in front of a plain background. A white wall works best.
- Your photo should be well lit, ideally outside in daylight or under soft, indirect light.
- We would love to have two photos: one of the top/roots of your hair and the other the side of your head showing your hair.