1. What is the benefit of sulfate-free shampoo?
Traditional shampoos use surfactants called Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) as foaming agents. Over time, they rob the hair and scalp of its natural oils, which makes hair dry, frizzy and dull. SLS shampoos can strip away the moisture from the hair and contribute to hair color fade. The benefits of a sulfate-free shampoo include gentle cleansing without stripping hair’s essential oils, as well as added moisture retention, color protection and an overall more silky feel.
2. When can I expect to see a change when using Color Depositing Shots?
It depends on the hair’s porosity and starting level, the amount of product used, the amount of time it’s left on hair and frequency of use. It is designed to be used every time you shampoo in order to maintain hair color and minimize fade with repeated use. It does not provide immediate intense pigment deposit like Color Therapy Mask.
3. Will Color Depositing Shots permanently eliminate brassiness or increase vibrancy?
No. Color Depositing Shots is a maintenance product that only works as long as you keep using it.
4. Can I mix just a couple drops of Color Depositing Shots into my shampoo each time I use it instead of mixing the whole pigment shot into a full shampoo bottle?
Color Depositing Shots were formulated to be mixed into one full 8oz bottle of Madison Reed shampoo. It is a different type of color balancing product than some others on the market such as toning drops which can be freely mixed into hair care or styling products. If the mixing ratio of Color Depositing Shots is altered or if the product is not thoroughly mixed, then undesired results in the amount of deposit and additional staining may occur.
5. Will Color Depositing Shots stain the skin or bathroom surfaces?
It is possible. Color Depositing Shots utilize pigment to maximize the amount of color deposit on hair, but with the most minimal amount of staining. It can grab onto more porous surfaces requiring special attention during use. Wash hands with soap and water after use and wash any product off of surfaces immediately.
6. Can Color Depositing Shots be used when shampooing out hair color?
Yes! You will see even more benefits of the product maintaining your color when used from day 1 of coloring.
7. Are Color Depositing Shots recommended for use on non-color treated hair?
It is designed to maintain tones in color-treated hair. However, it may provide tonal deposit on non-treated hair depending on the hair's porosity and natural level.
8. Why does the tone of the blonde color depositing shot look blue in tone?
Our Blonde Color Depositing Shot is formulated with a specific blue-violet tone in order to maximize the neutralization of unwanted gold and yellow tones on blonde hair. It works similarly to other "purple shampoos" that can be found on the market.